London Training Centre operates a range of enterprises from training and banquet staffing services to food focused businesses. For us, social enterprise requires business acumen that delivers products and services that compete at the top of a market. The net Social Benefit of our enterprise work is an added value product of our business success.
Simply stated, this is our model of Social Enterprise:
Help People - Have a positive Impact in our community – Generate enough revenue to accomplish both those goals.
Our years of continued social enterprise success have provided the following:
- Funded our own Local Food Skills program
- Provide thousands of dollars in bursaries for students in post-secondary culinary and food related programs
- Inspire and support numerous community partnerships and community development initiatives
- Farm ecologically
- Plant hundreds of trees, build bio-swales, recover and maintain our local park
- Support partnerships that provide rainwater education for kids in local schools
- Demonstrate leadership, advocate and participate in Local Food and Sustainable Food System initiatives
- Share insight, knowledge and lessons learned through Social Enterprise
- Provide subsidies for marginalized groups and individuals so they can access training
- Travel across S.W. Ontario providing training and certifications for rural and aboriginal communities
- Engage in innovative non-profit, public and private sector partnerships
Why Social Enterprise?
We believe that Social Enterprise provides the opportunity and freedom to choose how we create positive change. We rely on our own ability and resources to make this happen and remain relentless and focused on the achievement of this goal.
Work hard – Improve on yesterday – Do even better tomorrow – Never Stop.
To learn more about London Training Centre and their social enterprise activities contact:
London Training Centre